Cyrus Al-Zayadi is a Canadian scientonomist.
Here are all the modifications suggested by Al-Zayadi:
- Sciento-2021-0006: Accept new definitions of subquestion, core question, core theory, discipline, delineating theory, subdiscipline, and discipline acceptance. The modification was suggested to Scientonomy community by Paul Patton and Cyrus Al-Zayadi on 1 August 2021.1 The modification is currently being evaluated; a verdict is pending.
The following table contains all the theories formulated by Al-Zayadi:
|Discipline Acceptance (Patton-Al-Zayadi-2021)||Definition||A discipline is said to be accepted by an epistemic agent if that agent accepts the core questions specified in the discipline’s delineating theory as well as the delineating theory itself.||2021|
|Subdiscipline (Patton-Al-Zayadi-2021)||Definition||A discipline A is a subdiscipline of another discipline B, iff the set of questions of A, QA, is a proper subset of the questions of B, QB, i.e. QA ⸦ QB.||2021|
|Delineating Theory (Patton-Al-Zayadi-2021)||Definition||A second-order theory identifying the set of core questions of a discipline.||2021|
|Discipline (Patton-Al-Zayadi-2021)||Definition||A discipline is characterized by (1) a non-empty set of core questions Q and (2) the delineating theory stating that Q are the core questions of the discipline.||2021|
|Core Theory (Patton-Al-Zayadi-2021)||Definition||A core theory of a discipline is a theory presupposed by the discipline’s core questions.||2021|
|Subquestion (Patton-Al-Zayadi-2021)||Definition||A question Q is a subquestion of another question Q’, iff any direct answer to Q is also a partial answer to Q’.||2021|
|Core Question (Patton-Al-Zayadi-2021)||Definition||A core question of a discipline is a question identified in the discipline’s delineating theory as definitive of the discipline.||2021|
Here are all the questions formulated by Al-Zayadi:
- Core Question: What is core question? How should it be defined?
- Core Theory: What is core theory? How should it be defined?
- Delineating Theory: What is delineating theory? How should it be defined?
- Discipline: What is discipline? How should it be defined?
- Discipline Acceptance: What is discipline acceptance? How should it be defined?
- Mechanism of Discipline Acceptance: What is the mechanism of discipline acceptance? How do disciplines become accepted?
- Mechanism of Discipline Rejection: What is the mechanism of discipline rejection? How do disciplines become rejected?
- Subdiscipline: What is subdiscipline? How should it be defined?
- Subquestion: What is subquestion? How should it be defined?
- Theories Shaping Core Questions: How do theories within a discipline shape and change the core questions of the disciplines?
Here are the works of Al-Zayadi included in the bibliographic records of this encyclopedia:
- Patton and Al-Zayadi (2021): Patton, Paul and Al-Zayadi, Cyrus. (2021) Disciplines in the Scientonomic Ontology. Scientonomy 4, 59-85. Retrieved from https://scientojournal.com/index.php/scientonomy/article/view/37123.
To add a bibliographic record by this author, enter the citation key below:
Citation keys normally include author names followed by the publication year in brackets. E.g. Aristotle (1984), Einstein, Podolsky, Rosen (1935), Musgrave and Pigden (2016), Kuhn (1970a), Lakatos and Musgrave (Eds.) (1970). If a record with that citation key already exists, you will be sent to a form to edit that page.