Accept that the phenomenon of element decay exists as a non-scientonomic phenomenon.
Cases of rediscovery in the history of sciences (e.g. Poisson distribution, Aharonov-Bohm effect, Cremonese violins) appear in direct violation of the first law of scientific change. The suggested modification offers an explanation through the non-scientific phenomenon of element decay, where elements of an agent’s mosaic (such as questions, methods, and theories) cease to be part of the mosaic without any re-evaluation by the agent or any decision to reject that element.
To locate historical instances of theory decay, there should be evidence that the agent under study existed continuously throughout the period under study, that the theory was accepted at some point and unaccepted at some later point, and that the theory left the mosaic without any decision on the part of the agent.
Accept that there is element decay, a phenomenon where elements of an agent’s mosaic cease to be part of the mosaic without any re-evaluation by the agent or any decision to reject that element.
Accept the following as necessary indicators of theory decay:
- Agent Continuity: there should be historical evidence that the agent in question continuously existed during the time period under study.
- Change from Theory Acceptance to Unacceptance: there should be clear indications of a theory being accepted at some point and unaccepted at some later point.
- Theory Unacceptance Without Assessment: there should be clear evidence that the theory became unaccepted without any theoretical assessment on the part of the agent.
Also accept that element decay is a non-scientonomic phenomenon.
Theories To Accept
- Element Decay Exists: There is such a thing as element decay.
- Theory Decay Exists: There is such a thing as theory decay.
This modification attempts to answer the following question(s):
- Existence of Element Decay: Does element decay exist?
- Existence of Theory Decay: Does theory decay exist?
The modification is currently being evaluated; a verdict is pending.
Click on the Discussion tab for comments.
- Oh, Sanghoon. (2021) Element Decay. Scientonomy 4, 41-58. Retrieved from https://scientojournal.com/index.php/scientonomy/article/view/37122.