Scientonomy Seminar 2019
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Title||The eight annual IHPST seminar on the theory of scientific change|
|Start Date||5 September 2019|
|End Date||28 November 2019|
- Core Question: What is core question? How should it be defined?
- Core Theory: What is core theory? How should it be defined?
- Discipline: What is discipline? How should it be defined?
- Epistemic Presupposition: What is epistemic presupposition? How should it be defined?
- Error: What is error? How should it be defined?
- Mechanism of Discipline Acceptance: What is the mechanism of discipline acceptance? How do disciplines become accepted?
- Mechanism of Discipline Rejection: What is the mechanism of discipline rejection? How do disciplines become rejected?
- Mechanism of Question Rejection: What is the mechanism of question rejection? How do questions become rejected by epistemic agents?
- Questions and Theory Pursuit: What is the role of question acceptance in the mechanism of theory pursuit?
- Role of Employed Methods in Question Acceptance: Is the process of question acceptance affected by employed methods?
- Role of Sociocultural Factors in Question Acceptance: what is the role of sociocultural factors, such as economics or politics, in the process of question acceptance?
- Subdiscipline: What is subdiscipline? How should it be defined?
- Subquestion: What is subquestion? How should it be defined?
- Theories Shaping Core Questions: How do theories within a discipline shape and change the core questions of the disciplines?