Nichole Levesley (born 20 March 2000) is a Canadian scientonomist notable for her work on question dynamics and the diagrammatic notation for visualizing belief systems.
Here are all the modifications suggested by Levesley:
- Sciento-2021-0001: Accept the definitions of logical presupposition and epistemic presupposition. The modification was suggested to Scientonomy community by Hakob Barseghyan and Nichole Levesley on 1 August 2021.1 The modification is currently being evaluated; a verdict is pending.
- Sciento-2021-0002: Accept the law of question acceptance as a new scientonomic axiom, the question rejection theorem, and a number of questions for future research. The modification was suggested to Scientonomy community by Hakob Barseghyan and Nichole Levesley on 1 August 2021.1 The modification is currently being evaluated; a verdict is pending.
The following table contains all the theories formulated by Levesley:
|Epistemic Presupposition (Barseghyan-Levesley-2021)||Definition||A theory is said to be an epistemic presupposition of a question for some agent, iff the agent accepts that accepting any direct answer to the question will necessitate accepting the theory.||2021|
|The Law of Question Acceptance (Barseghyan-Levesley-2021)||Descriptive||A question becomes accepted only if all of its epistemic presuppositions are accepted and it is accepted that the question is answerable.||2021|
|Question Rejection theorem (Barseghyan-Levesley-2021)||Descriptive||A question becomes rejected when other elements that are incompatible with the question become accepted.||2021|
|Logical Presupposition (Barseghyan-Levesley-2021)||Definition||A theory is said to be a logical presupposition of a question, iff the theory is logically entailed by any direct answer to the question.||2021|
Here are all the questions formulated by Levesley:
- Epistemic Presupposition: What is epistemic presupposition? How should it be defined?
- Logical Presupposition: What is logical presupposition? How should it be defined?
- Mechanism of Question Rejection: What is the mechanism of question rejection? How do questions become rejected by epistemic agents?
- Role of Employed Methods in Question Acceptance: Is the process of question acceptance affected by employed methods?
- Role of Sociocultural Factors in Question Acceptance: what is the role of sociocultural factors, such as economics or politics, in the process of question acceptance?
- Types of Epistemic Presuppositions: What types of epistemic presuppositions are there?
Here are the works of Levesley included in the bibliographic records of this encyclopedia:
- Barseghyan and Levesley (2021): Barseghyan, Hakob and Levesley, Nichole. (2021) Question Dynamics. Scientonomy 4, 1-19. Retrieved from https://scientojournal.com/index.php/scientonomy/article/view/37120.
- Levesley and Fraser (2022): Levesley, Nichole and Fraser, Craig G. (2022) Off the Shelf: Review of James Peebles’ Cosmology’s Century. CSHPM/SCHPM Bulletin 70, 13-14. Retrieved from http://www.cshpm.org/archives/bulletins/70-2022.pdf.
- Palider et al. (2021): Palider, Kye et al. (2021) A Diagrammatic Notation for Visualizing Epistemic Entities and Relations. Scientonomy 4, 87-139. Retrieved from https://scientojournal.com/index.php/scientonomy/article/view/37904.
To add a bibliographic record by this author, enter the citation key below:
Citation keys normally include author names followed by the publication year in brackets. E.g. Aristotle (1984), Einstein, Podolsky, Rosen (1935), Musgrave and Pigden (2016), Kuhn (1970a), Lakatos and Musgrave (Eds.) (1970). If a record with that citation key already exists, you will be sent to a form to edit that page.
- Barseghyan, Hakob and Levesley, Nichole. (2021) Question Dynamics. Scientonomy 4, 1-19. Retrieved from https://scientojournal.com/index.php/scientonomy/article/view/37120.